Garrett County - In Mountain Maryland

Refuse Site Permits

Persons who maintain a household in Garrett County may purchase an annual refuse site permit for disposal of daily household waste generated from their residence located in Garrett County. This permit may only be used to dispose of normal household waste at the Landfill or refuse & recycling sites. Waste generated outside of Garrett County is NOT accepted at the County Landfill or at any of the refuse & recycling sites.
The refuse site permit MUST be permanently affixed to the vehicle window, on the passenger side, lower right, inside corner.  Please allow enough room so the sticker can be seen by our Attendants through the bottom glass tinting or the windshield wipers.
Cost of the permit is $50.00 for each vehicle. Permits go on sale October 1st each year and are valid through the following calendar year. Permit applications are available at all refuse & recycling sites, at the County Courthouse, the County Landfill main office and are available online beginning October 1. 
If you did not own a sticker last year, you must fill out this PDF document (Permit Application) and either mail to Garrett County Department of Solid Waste & Recycling, 3118 Oakland Sang Run Road, Oakland, Maryland 21550 or deliver it in person to one of the locations stated below (i.e., County Courthouse or County Landfill Main Office).
Click here for New Refuse Site Permits
If you did own a sticker last year, you may either fill out the PDF (Permit Application) and follow the instructions above or purchase online.
Click here to purchase online

Permits may be purchased by mailing the application to Garrett County Department of Solid Waste & Recycling, 3118 Oakland Sang Run Road, Oakland, Maryland 21550.  Permits may also be purchased in person at the Tax Department (Room 107A) in the County Courthouse (Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and the County Landfill main office at the Oakland Sang Run Road address shown above (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) (Check this website for "News Articles or New Alerts" describing any change in hours).