Please click here for the AOC Administrative Orders for updated information BEFORE coming to court.
Health and Safety Protocols for the Garrett County Circuit Courthouse:
- Face masks/coverings must be worn in ALL areas of the building at ALL times unless you are instructed that you may remove them by the Court per the Administrative Order of the Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals Clarifying COVID-19 Health Measures in Courthouses and Judicial Branch Facilities.
- Health screenings and touchless temperature checks will be taken upon the entry of the Courthouse. Persons showing any sign or symptom of illness will be denied access.
- Maintain proper social distancing. The Elevator is restricted to one person, or one family unit, at a time.
- Use hand sanitizer, as needed.
- Observe any directions as given by Court personnel.
- Promptly exit the building after your business has concluded.
The Garrett County Sheriff’s Office is authorized to deny admission or remove any person from the Courthouse who is not in compliance with any of these terms. If you are denied access and you are an attorney and you are scheduled to appear before a judge/magistrate, please contact the judge’s/magistrate’s chambers direct; if you are represented by an attorney, please contact your attorney; if you are a witness, please contact the office or individual who requested your appearance in court; if you are unrepresented and you are scheduled to appear before a judge/magistrate, please contact the judge’s/magistrate’s chambers or the Clerk of Court at 301-334-1937, the Court Administrator at 301-334-5041, or the Family Services Coordinator at 301-334-7602 (for Family matters only).