Garrett County Diversity Committee
Request for Letter of Interest-Community Members
The Board of County Commissioners is accepting Letters of Interest for appointment to the Diversity Committee. The Committee shall serve for one (1) year and will:
- Conduct Listening Tours around Garrett County to understand and develop solutions to improve communications and disseminate information about the diverse population in the County.
- Prepare and present a report to the Board of County Commissioners on the results of the Listening Tour.
Committee members will serve at the pleasure of the Board of County Commissioners. Committee members will consist of:
- Representative of the Garrett County Board of Education
- Representative of Garrett College
- Representative of Community Action
- Representative of Appalachian Crossroads
- Three (3) Community Members selected from a list of interested persons who submitted a letter of interest.
Letters of Interest may be mailed or e-mailed to the following:
Board of County Commissioners
203 South Fourth Street, Room 207
Oakland, Maryland 21550
Via Email at