The Board of Garrett County Commissioners held its recent public meeting via virtual meeting on Monday, April 6, 2020. Paul Edwards served as Chairman.
The following items were discussed:
- March 20, 2020 meeting minutes were approved
- A purchase of property for the Garrett County Emergency Operations Center was approved at a price of $999,064.00. Of this, state funding will cover $800,000
- The annual request for a Fiscal Year 2021 county property tax exemption for Catholic Charities Senior Communities – Backbone Housing Inc. was approved
- Appointments were made to the Garrett County Commission for Women
- A program was created to offer a deferred County Accommodations Tax option
- Updates were made on the COVID-19 county response efforts:
- Collaborative efforts were reviewed by Garrett County Health Officer Robert Stephens
- County Emergency Operations Center response
- Garrett County Economic Development and Garrett County Development Corporation created a $200,000 “Emergency Pandemic Loan Fund”
- www.GCEDonline.com created a COVID-19 webpage for federal, state, and local business resources
Public issues or concerns that are to be presented to the Board of Garrett County Commissioners during any Public Meeting should be scheduled with Carol A. Riley-Alexander, Executive Assistant to the Board of County Commissioners/County Administrator, by 11:00 p.m. on Monday one week prior to the Public Meeting Day.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners' next scheduled Public Meeting will be held with a Community County Update Presentation immediately following on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at the Garrett County Courthouse Public Meeting Room at 4:00 p.m.