Garrett County Commissioner Paul Edwards was recently installed as a 2023 member of the Maryland Association of Counties (MACo) Board of Directors by Lieutenant Governor Boyd Rutherford.
Edwards is beginning his first one-year term on the MACo Board.
“I am pleased to serve on the MACo Board of Directors. The policy-update and relationship-building work that MACo performs is integral for Garrett County’s connections and collaborations on the statewide legislative front,” said Commissioner Edwards.
The MACo Board of Directors is made up of 16 county elected officials. These county leaders are selected by the MACo membership to serve the interests of the Association, oversee its management and strategic direction, and maintain and develop relationships with other parties with whom MACo and counties regularly interact. The Board works collaboratively with the MACo Legislative Committee, which sets policy positions for the Association and directs its legislative advocacy priorities.
The following individuals were elected (by the assembled membership) at the Association’s Winter Conference Business Meeting:
· Calvin Ball, Howard County – President
· John Olszewski, Jr., Baltimore County – 1st Vice President
· Jack Wilson, Queen Anne’s County – 2nd Vice President
· MC Keegan-Ayer, Frederick County – Secretary
· Lenny Pfeffer, Dorchester County – Treasurer
· Sharon Green Middleton, Baltimore City – Past President
· Steuart Pittman, Anne Arundel County
· Ed Rothstein, Carroll County
· Danielle Hornberger, Cecil County
· Reuben Collins, Charles County
· Paul Edwards, Garrett County
· Bob Cassilly, Harford County
· Marc Elrich, Montgomery County
· Angela Alsobrooks, Prince George’s County
· Craig Mathies, Somerset County
· Randy Guy, St. Mary’s County
2023 MACo Board of Directors; Edwards. pictured on the left.