Michael Hough, Garrett County Director of Economic Development, has announced his resignation effective November 10, 2020.
Mr. Hough joined Garrett County Economic Development after his retirement as the Western Maryland and Pennsylvania Regional President of BB&T Corporation.
During his tenure, Mr. Hough was instrumental in the management and advancement of several economic development department initiatives to include:
- Keyser’s Ridge Industrial Park
- Infrastructure development
- Leadership on broadband expansion projects
- New construction spec building the McHenry Business Park
- Partnership with MEDCO (Maryland Economic Development Corporation) for 20,000 square feet of leasable space with direct connection to the Garrett County Airport
- Business Development
- Hired a Business Development Specialist to work with the municipalities and attract development opportunities in our communities
- Workforce Housing Project in Grantsville
- Acquisition and development of a housing project in Grantsville with County contribution less than 15% of total project costs
- Business Assistance Loan Programs
- In response to COVID-19, PPE (personal protective equipment) and Operating Cost grant opportunities created for local businesses
“Mike’s perspective was valuable in making headway on several Economic Development Department initiatives,” said Board of Garrett County Commissioners Chair Paul Edwards. “We look forward to seeing these projects to fruition.”
In the interim, Kim Durst, Manager of Business Development will oversee the day to day operations of the Department. Kim may be reached at 301-334-1992 or email@example.com