The Board of Garrett County Commissioners held its recent public meeting at the Deer Park Town Hall on Monday, July 8, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. Paul Edwards served as Chairman. The following items were discussed:
- Public, Administrative, and Executive Meeting Minutes were approved
- Representatives from the Friends of Deep Creek Lake and the Deep Creek Lake Property Owner’s Association were present to receive a proclamation announcing July 2019 as Garrett County Lakes Appreciation Month by the Garrett County Government and the Maryland Lakes Appreciation Proclamation by Governor Hogan’s office
- Friends of Deep Creek Lake were recognized for earning the North American Lake Management Society Leadership and Service Award
- Board Appointments were made: one (1) member to the Garrett County Law Enforcement Personnel Retirement Board and one (1) member to the Garrett County Health Planning Council
- Garrett County Purchasing Department awarded a bid for custodial cleaning & paper products
- The Maryland Environmental Services Intergovernmental Agreement for Utility Service was approved
- Resolution 2019 – 5: Hotel Rental Tax Rate – Accommodation Tax was approved; rate increase to 8%
- Public comments were allowed.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners next scheduled Public Meeting will be Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at the Garrett County Courthouse beginning at 4:00 p.m.
Public Issues or concerns that are to be presented to the Board of Garrett County Commissioners during any Public Meeting should be scheduled with Carol A. Riley-Alexander, Executive Assistant to the Board of County Commissioners/County Administrator.