The Board of Garrett County Commissioners held its recent public meeting on Wednesday, December 7, 2022. Paul Edwards served as Chairman.
The following items were discussed:
- A bid was awarded to Green River Group, LLC in the amount of $1,398,720.50 for the project #APL3799E Keysers Ridge Business Park Local Access Road. The budgeted amount was $1,658,475.97 and is an ARC-Funded project.
- This access road was noted as the last piece of infrastructure to be in place to market a complete package for potential business park clients.
- A bid was rejected for RFP #2-1011 – Professional Architectural Consulting Services Rehabilitation of the Frederick A. Thayer III Courthouse; the single bid received in the amount of $482,470 was over budget.
- A recommendation was accepted to defer the courthouse rehabilitation project to next year’s budget.
- Garrett County’s 150th Celebration was concluded with a proclamation by the Commissioners and a dedication of a complete set of 150th commemorative coins.
- The Garrett County Arts Council presented the winners of the 150th artwork contest:
First Place - Jessica McClurg
Second Place - Alyssa Rodeheaver
Third Place - Misty Kisner
All three top art pieces are on permanent display in the Garrett County Courthouse public meeting room.
Prints of Jessica McClurg’s artwork are available at the Garrett County Arts Council’s Gallery Shop.
- A video clip featuring the 150th event, recorded and produced by Mark Stutzman, was shared with the audience.
- A certificate and a token of appreciation were presented to the 150th Anniversary Planning Committee
- Stories and accomplishments were shared as Jim Hinebaugh served his last public meeting as a Garrett County Commissioner.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners-elect will be sworn in at the next scheduled Public Meeting on Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Public issues or concerns that are to be presented to the Board of Garrett County Commissioners during any Public Meeting should be scheduled with Carol A. Riley-Alexander, Executive Assistant to the Board of County Commissioners/County Administrator, by 11:00 p.m. on Monday one week prior to the Public Meeting Day.