By Garrett County Joint Information Center Team
The Garrett County Health Department received 60 additional positive COVID-19 results since the last report on Wednesday, December 9th, bringing the current county total positives to 1,190.
The current comparison of Garrett County to state numbers is as follows:
- 7-day positivity rate among Garrett County residents is 17.8% (Maryland rate is 7.5%)
- 7-day case rate per 100,000 among Garrett County residents is 108.8 (Maryland rate is 48.3)
Garrett County Health Department, with the help of local partners and volunteers, is conducting free COVID-19 testing on Tuesdays (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) and Thursdays (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.), at the MEDCO Building in the McHenry Business Park, located off Bumble Bee Road between Hart for Animals and the Garrett County Airport. There is no out-of-pocket cost to get a test at this site, and appointments and doctors’ orders are not required. Be prepared for a possible wait.
Pre-registration will help speed up the process on the day of testing and is highly recommended. To register follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit https://mako.exchange/scheduler/registration/?location=2409. Or scan the QR code on garretthealth.org with your smartphone.
- Step 2: Complete the registration form. Note: Double-check the spelling of your name and your date of birth. This information must be exactly correct to receive your results.
- Step 3: Upon completing the form you will receive an email with a Booking ID number.
- Step 4: Share your Booking ID number with staff on arrival at the testing site and your test results will be automatically linked to your individual code,
- When your results are available you will receive a text or email either telling you that your test was negative, or asking you to log into the patient portal to view your results.
Partners assisting the Garrett County Health Department with testing include Garrett County Government and Emergency Management, Garrett County Public Schools, and volunteers. Persons interested in volunteering to help with testing are encouraged to complete the COVID-19 Testing Clinic Volunteer Interest Form located at https://garretthealth.org/volunteer.
Additional COVID-19 resources:
- Visit garretthealth.org for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- To schedule an Influenza vaccination, call the Health Department at 301-334-7697.
- If you have COVID-19 like symptoms, and have a doctor’s order, you can schedule a testing appointment at the Health Department by calling 301-334-7697 or you can visit the community testing events listed above without an appointment. Pre-registration is recommended.
- For all other COVID-19 related questions, or to report a COVID-19 compliance issue, call the local COVID-19 Hotline number at 301-334-7698.