In light of the COVID-19 situation, The Board of Garrett County Commissioners will be delaying a decision on a proposed Second Amendment Sanctuary designation.
A public comment period was open March 1, 2020 through March 20, 2020. Over that period of time, the Commissioners received over 1,000 emails and letters. The Board appreciates each and every comment received on the proposed Second Amendment resolution.
Due to the current restrictions on public gatherings, the County will not be holding any in-person meetings that are open to the public. Therefore, there will be no action taken until the next scheduled meeting where the public is able to attend.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners reminds all citizens to be safe and follow the recommended social distancing guidance.
Please check the county website, https://www.garrettcounty.org/covid-19
, for the latest information.