On November 25, 2020, The Garrett County Board of License Commissioners / LCB formally adopted Temporary COVID Directives for establishments to comply with the Executive Orders from the Governor of Maryland and the Health Officer Orders, Maryland Department of Health Directives and CDC Guidelines.
The measures that have been put in place by the Governor, the Maryland Department of Health and the CDC are intended to reduce COVID-19 infection rates and protect the employees and customers of local establishments as well as the community.
The local policy that has been adopted is as follows:
1. Properly worn face masks must be worn by all staff and patron unless actively eating or drinking.
2. All service must be to seated patron only; there will be no standing or congregating at the bar or at outside areas of the establishments.
3. All tables must be 6 feet apart with no more than 6 people seated at each table.
4. Bar stools must be 6 feet apart, unless people come in together, they cannot be seated together. Meeting up at the establishment is not coming in together.
5. Masks must be worn outside unless social distancing can be observed (patrons only). Definition of face covering per the Executive order: “Face Covering” means a covering that fully covers a person’s nose and mouth and is secure to the person’s head, but not a Medical-Grade mask. The term “Face Covering” includes, without limitations scarves, bandanas, and plastic full-face shields.
6. Tables will be wiped and sanitized between each patron.
7. Sanitizer will be readily available for staff and patrons.
8. Compliance with then-current capacity restrictions in the Executive Orders. (For example, at the time of the issuance of this Policy, capacity is limited to 50%.)
Garrett County agencies, both State and local, will be strictly enforcing these COVID-19 related restrictions over the coming days. The following are the consequences from the LCB for non-compliance with this policy:
- First violation will be a no contest letter and $250.00 fine.
- Second violation will go before the Board for a decision and fine.
- Three or more violations will result in an automatic suspension of the license. Additionally, other charges and penalties may be incurred from other agencies.
The Garrett County Commissioners have created several business assistance grant programs over the last several months. For additional information about the funding availability, contact Kim Durst at 301-334-1992 or by email. [email protected]
. Here is the website link for more information:. http://www.gcedonline.com/covid-19/garrett-county-covid-19-grant-programs-1
For more information on COVID-19 and local agencies, please visit:
- Garrett County LCB - https://www.garrettcounty.org/liquor-control-board/covid-19-update/
- Garrett County Government - https://www.garrettcounty.org/covid-19
- Garrett County Health Department - https://garretthealth.org/covid-19-information/
- State of Maryland - https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
- Governor’s Office - https://governor.maryland.gov/covid-19-pandemic-orders-and-guidance/
- Maryland Department of Health - https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/cdc-resources
- Maryland Restaurant Association - https://www.marylandrestaurants.com/coronavirus.html
- CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html