The Board of Garrett County Commissioners held its recent public meeting on Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
In the public meeting session, Paul Edwards served as Chairman. The following items were discussed:
PUBLIC MEETING OPENED
- Commendation: All Earth Eco Tours – 30th Anniversary
- Request for Qualifications/Proposals #23-0117 – For the Development of a Renewable Gas Project at the Garrett County Landfill; award to Archaea Energy on past project history and proposed financial model. This is at no cost to the county but could prove to be a revenue stream.
- Resolution 2023 – 1: Garrett County Government Purchase of Lot 1 – McHenry Business Park from the Maryland Economic Development Corporation; allow the County to purchase the lot from the State of Maryland at a discounted rate.
- Resolution 2023 – 2: The Garrett County Water & Sewer Master Plan Amendments are approved
- Maryland Annual Transportation Plan Fiscal Year 2024 Grant Update presented by Mike Hill with Garrett County Community Action Committee
- 26 Employees; 18 drivers
- $1.7 million budget request from State and Federal sources but “passes through” the Garrett County Government
- Public comments were accepted
PUBLIC MEETING CLOSED
The complete meeting recording can be viewed here.
Public issues or concerns that are to be presented to the Board of Garrett County Commissioners during any Public Meeting should be scheduled with Carol A. Riley-Alexander, Executive Assistant to the Board of County Commissioners/County Administrator, by 11:00 p.m. on Monday one week prior to the Public Meeting Day.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners next scheduled Public Meeting will be Monday, April 3, 2023, at the Garrett County Courthouse beginning at 4:00 p.m.
OUTSIDE ORGANIZATION BUDGET PRESENTATIONS:
- Every dollar invested returns $4.19
- There are 15,856 active library cards
- The goals of his office are to continue a good quality of life and address accountability for crimes in Garrett County with a thoughtful approach
- 2.5 prosecutors handle 6,464 cases filed each year