The Board of County Commissioners held its recent public meeting at the Garrett County courthouse on Monday, May 20, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Paul Edwards served as Chairman. The following items were discussed:
- Public, Administrative, and Executive Meeting Minutes were approved
- An announcement was made to request interest for a vacancy on the Civil Service Board.
- Garrett County Purchasing Department recommended the following bid awards:
- A bid (Bid # 19–0411) was awarded to the Welding Rod in the amount of $34,891.11 for the Garrett County Roads Accident Garage addition
- A bid (Bid# 19–0328) was awarded to Beitzel Excavating in the amount of $1,417,735.00 for the Bloomington Water Treatment Plant replacement
- The proposed Fiscal Year 2020 Tax Rate was discussed
- The property tax rate was proposed to be set at 1.056
- No public comments were allowed.
The public is invited and encouraged to send comments and feedback on the proposed tax rate and Fiscal Year 2020 Budget to the Board of Garrett County Commissioners via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by letter addressed to Board of Commissioners, 203 South Fourth Street, Oakland, MD 21550 by June 18, 2019.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners upcoming meetings are as follows:
A Public Meeting will be held Monday, June 3, 2019 at Garrett College GIEC building Room 111 beginning at 4:00 p.m. Following the Public Meeting, a Public Hearing will be held on the Constant Yield Tax (property tax) at 5:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend and public comments will be allowed.
A Public Hearing on the proposed FY 2020 Budget will be held Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at Garrett College Auditorium beginning at 6:00 p.m. The public is invited to attend and public comments will be allowed.
A Public Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at the Garrett County Courthouse Public Meeting Room beginning at 4:00 p.m. to include tentative adoption of the proposed Fiscal Year 2020 Garrett County Government Budget. The public is invited to attend and public comments will be allowed.