The Board of Garrett County Commissioners held its recent public meeting via virtual meeting on Monday, May 4, 2020. Paul Edwards served as Chairman.
The following items were discussed:
- A proclamation was made to declare May 7, 2020 as A Day of Prayer in Garrett County
- Garrett County Community Action Committee, Inc.’s request for Fiscal Year 2021 county property tax abatement (for seven CAC-owned properties) was approved
- A bid was awarded for the Garrett County Animal Shelter Roof Project (Bid# 20-0402); the bid came in under the budget of $41,376
- A road name resolution for Pen Mar Lane in Grantsville, MD was approved
- An authorization was made for Community Action Committee, Inc’s to use CDBG funding to serve the homeless during the COVID-19 crisis
- An FCC market modification was discussed but will only be pursued through federal partners to add Maryland market channels to the current Pittsburgh market channels
Public issues or concerns that are to be presented to the Board of Garrett County Commissioners during any Public Meeting should be scheduled with Carol A. Riley-Alexander, Executive Assistant to the Board of County Commissioners/County Administrator, by 11:00 p.m. on Monday one week prior to the Public Meeting Day.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners next scheduled Public Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 via live stream at 4:00 p.m.