By Garrett County Joint Information Center Team
Although information about the distribution of COVID-19 vaccine has taken over most news feeds, testing for COVID-19 cases continues throughout the nation and in Garrett County.
Today’s statistics for Garrett County include:
· A total of 1,543 COVID-19 cases
· A total of 52 deaths due to COVID-19 or its complications
· A 7-day case rate of 49.7 per 100,000 Garrett County residents, compared to Maryland’s case rate of 44.2.
· A 7-day positivity rate of 15.6%, compared to Maryland’s rate of 9.5%
For the most up-to-date information about vaccine distribution and testing in Garrett County watch for announcements from the Health Department on media outlets, the Health Department’s Facebook page and website (garretthealth.org
Additional COVID-19 resources:
· Vaccinations are being given by appointment only, which must be made by your attending medical provider. Do not come to a vaccination clinic without an appointment. Proof of age and proof of Garrett County residency will be required.
· If you have COVID-19 like symptoms, schedule a testing appointment at the Health Department by calling 301-334-7697.
· Free COVID-19 testing is available (with or without symptoms) on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the MEDCO Building in the McHenry Business Park. Pre-registration is recommended. Visit garretthealth.org for more information.
· For all other COVID-19 related questions, or to report a COVID-19 compliance issue, call the local COVID-19 Hotline number at 301-334-7698.