The goal of the Department of Technology and Communications (DoTCom) is to streamline efficiency in county government and provide excellent services to county residents and other governmental departments/agencies while saving the tax payers' money.
- Identify processes/procedures that are wasteful
- Response: utilize technology to streamline these processes, reducing the amount of time to perform a given task.
- Implementations Realized: Online Timesheets, Automated Phone Billing, Employee Travel Reimbursement
- Identify underutilized resources
- Response: utilize technology to share valuable resources, reducing waste and saving money.
- Implementations Realized: VoIP Phone System – enables us to share under-utilized telephony resources at the courthouse with remote locations and reduce or eliminate the telephony costs at those remote locations.
- Identify the unmet needs of county citizens to access the county resources on a virtual level
- Response: building web based applications to provide individuals with easy access to important county data/resources.
- Implemenations Realized: Online Payment and Information Portal utilized by several county departments.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the county's cyber preparedness efforts to prevent, respond, and recover from a cyber event
- Maintain and upkeep county owned computers and servers
- Manage the LAN/WAN infrastructure (equipment that links all of the computer/servers)
- Work with all departments to plan, implement, and manage their Information Technology needs
- 24/7 on call support for 911 Dispatch/Sheriff’s Office
- Provide technical support for online bill payments to county residents/property owners
Provide the following ongoing services for county departments:
Application assistance and training
Custom programming (creation and maintenance)
Email management and support
Presentation/meeting equipment set up