Your access to and use of the Garrett County Government website (the "Site") is subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as all applicable laws. Your access to the Site is in consideration for your agreement to these Terms and Conditions of Use, whether or not you are a registered user. By accessing, browsing, and using the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Modification of the Agreement
Garrett County Government maintains the right to modify these Terms and Conditions of Use and may do so by posting notice of such modifications on this page. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting the modification unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any modification signifies your acceptance of such modification. You should periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions of Use.
You agree to access and use the Site only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of the Site. By accessing the Site, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Site to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to conduct that which would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability;
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Use the Site to impersonate other parties or entities;
- Use the Site to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of the Site or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses the Site;
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on the site;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or speak for any business, association, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- Post any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of another; or
- Collect or store personal information about others.
Termination of Use
Garrett County Government may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access and use of this Site without notice and for any reason, including for violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use or for other conduct which the Garrett County Government, in its sole discretion, believes is unlawful or harmful to others. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the Site, and the Garrett County Government will use whatever means possible to enforce this termination.
Other Site Links
Some links on the Site lead to websites that are not operated by the Garrett County Government. The Garrett County Government does not control these websites nor do we review or control their content. The Garrett County Government provides these links to users for convenience. These links are not an endorsement of products, services, or information, and do not imply an association between the Garrett County Government and the operators of the linked website.
Policy on Spamming
You specifically agree that you will not utilize email addresses obtained through using the Garrett County Government's website to transmit the same or substantially similar unsolicited message to 10 or more recipients in a single day, nor 20 or more emails in a single week (consecutive 7-day period), unless it is required for legitimate business purposes. The Garrett County Government, in its sole and exclusive discretion, will determine violations of the limitations on email usage set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
The Garrett County Government has the right to monitor the content that you provide, but shall not be obligated to do so. Although the Garrett County Government cannot monitor all postings on the Site, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons. United States and foreign copyright laws and international conventions protect the contents of the Site. You agree to abide by all copyright notices.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Garrett County Government and its employees from any and all liabilities and costs incurred by Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising from any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions of Use, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs. You agree to cooperate as fully as may be reasonably possible in the defense of any such claim. The Garrett County Government reserves the right to assume, at its own expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You in turn shall not settle any matter without the written consent of the Garrett County Government.
Disclaimer of Warranty
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Site, or any material available through this Site, is at your own risk. Neither the Garrett County Government nor its employees warrant that the Site will be uninterrupted, problem-free, free of omissions, or error-free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site. The content and function of the Site are provided to you "as is," without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or use, or "currentness."
Limitation of Liability
In no event will the Garrett County Government or its employees be liable for any incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages, arising out of your use of or inability to use the Site, including without limitation, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other damages.