In accordance with the Alcoholic Beverages Article § 3-504 of the Maryland Annotated Code, the Comptroller of Maryland must approve and certify alcohol awareness programs offered throughout the State of Maryland.
These programs certified by the Comptroller must include instruction on how alcohol affects a person's body and behavior. Provide education on the dangers of drinking and driving; define effective methods for serving customers to minimize the chance of intoxication; ceasing service before the customer becomes intoxicated and determining if a customer is under the drinking age.
In Garrett County, a holder of any class of retail alcoholic beverages license or an employee designated by the holder shall complete training in an approved alcohol awareness program. The training shall be valid for a period of four years. The certified person is generally not required to be present at all times but must be an active employee or license holder.
The following links will take you to an approved alcohol awareness program routinely offered in Garrett County or Allegany County.
- TIPS for Concessions Training for non-profits - March 24, 2020 location to be announced
- TIPS - Training for Intervention ProcedureS - DaVina Griffith
- TIPS - Training for Intervention ProcedureS - December 16, 2019 @ WISP Resort - DaVina Griffith
- MSLBA website - Sponsors of TAM - Techniques of Alcohol Management
- TAM - Techniques of Alcohol Management - March 4, 2020 Cumberland Country Club