In accordance with Article 2B § 13-101 of the Maryland Annotated Code, the Comptroller of Maryland must approve and certify alcohol awareness programs offered throughout the State of Maryland.
These programs certified by the Comptroller must include instruction on how alcohol affects a person's body and behavior. Provide education on the dangers of drinking and driving; define effective methods for serving customers to minimize the chance of intoxication; ceasing service before the customer becomes intoxicated and determining if a customer is under the drinking age.
In Garrett County, a holder of any class of retail alcoholic beverages license or an employee designated by the holder shall complete training in an approved alcohol awareness program. The training shall be valid for a period of four years. The certified person is generally not required to be present at all times but must be an active employee or license holder.
The following links will take you to an approved alcohol awareness program routinely offered in Garrett County or Allegany County.
- MSLBA website - Sponsors of TAM - Techniques of Alcohol Management
- TAM - 2017 winter schedule
- TIPS Off-Premises Training - March 30, 2017 @ Garrett College - DaVina Grifith
- TIPS for Concessions Training - Monday, June 12, 2017 @ Deep Creek VFC - DaVina Griffith
- TIPS - Training for Intervention ProcedureS - DaVina Griffith