The Board of County Commissioners held their recent public meeting at the Garrett County Courthouse on Monday, April 1, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Paul Edwards served as Chairman. The following items were discussed:
- A proclamation was made for Arbor Day – April 3, 2019
- The Board of County Commissioners were each presented with a serviceberry tree
- A presentation was made to award the winners of the Maryland Forest Service Arbor Day poster contest:
- Fifth Grader Lydia Secrist of Accident Elementary won First Place in the Maryland State Contest
- A bid was awarded for Custodial Cleaning Services at the county offices in the amount of $68,276; contract to run from June 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- Approval was Maryland Environmental Services - Deep Creek Dredging Evaluation, allocation of $254,792 for alternatives analysis and preliminary design at Arrowhead Cove to determine dredging methods and project estimates in order to determine actual cost of project. County’s contribution will be up to $125,000.
- Public comments were allowed
In addition, Fiscal Year 2020 budget presentations were made by:
- Thomas Vose for Ruth Enlow Library of Garrett County
- Dr. Rich Midcap and Randall Bittinger for Garrett College
- Steve Fratz for Garrett County Board of Elections
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners next scheduled Public Meeting will be Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at the Garrett County Courthouse beginning at 4:00 p.m.