The Board of County Commissioners held its recent public meeting at Garrett College GIEC building on Monday, June 3, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. Paul Edwards served as Chairman. The following items were discussed:
- Public, Administrative, and Executive Meeting Minutes were approved
- Two members were appointed to the Garrett County Health Planning Council and one member was appointed to the Garrett County Mental Health Advisory Committee
- The Accident Community Housing Corporation request for Fiscal Year 2020 County Property Tax Abatement was approved
- Public comments were allowed
Following the adjournment of the Public Meeting, a Public Hearing was held at 5:30 p.m. on the Garrett County Government Constant Yield Rate for Fiscal Year 2020:
- Public comments were allowed upon registration
- There were five speakers from the public
- No questions were answered
The public is invited and encouraged to send comments and feedback on the Fiscal Year 2020 Budget to the Board of Garrett County Commissioners via the email address email@example.com
, or by letter addressed to Board of Commissioners, 203 South Fourth Street, Oakland, MD 21550 by June 18, 2019.
The Board of Garrett County Commissioners upcoming meetings are as follows:
A Public Information Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 to present the Garrett County
Government Preliminary Fiscal Year 2020 Operating and Capital Budget. The meeting will be held at
Garrett College Auditorium beginning at 6:00 p.m. The public is invited to attend, public comments
will be allowed, and questions will be answered.
A Public Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at the Garrett County Courthouse Public Meeting Room beginning at 4:00 p.m. to include tentative adoption of the proposed Fiscal Year 2020 Garrett County Government Budget. The public is invited to attend and public comments will be allowed.