By Garrett County Joint Information Center Team
Garrett County’s positive COVID-19 results are currently at 1,364 total cases, with 36 total county deaths due to COVID-19 or its complications.
These numbers reflect 40 additional cases and 6 news deaths since the last statistics were reported on Friday, December 18, 2020. The data shows that 27 of the deceased were patients in long term care facilities, representing 75% of the total. The age range for all COVID-19 related deaths in Garrett County is 59 to 99 years old.
“Words fail to express the sorrow we all feel for the loss so many are experiencing right now,” said Garrett County Health Officer Bob Stephens, “and we pray for healing for anyone who is experiencing the effects of the virus.”
Garrett County’s current statistics are:
- 7-day positivity rate among Garrett County residents is 15.3% (Maryland rate is 7.7%)
- 7-day case rate per 100,000 among Garrett County residents is 75.3 (Maryland rate is 38.2)
“Although our numbers are still well above the state rates, they are moving in the right direction,” said Stephens. “We need everyone to do your part to minimize the spread by remaining home as much as possible, and wearing masks and social distancing when you must be in public spaces.”
Free COVID-19 testing will be held at the MEDCO Building in the McHenry Business Park, on Tuesday, December 22, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be no testing on Thursday, December 24, which is Christmas Eve. Preregistration is recommended to speed up the process on the testing day. Visit garretthealth.org for preregistration information.
Anyone with COVID-19 like symptoms and a doctor’s order may call Health Department 301-334-7697 to schedule a testing appointment at the Oakland office.
Additional COVID-19 resources:
- Visit garretthealth.org for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- To schedule an Influenza vaccination, call the Health Department at 301-334-7697.
- For all other COVID-19 related questions, or to report a COVID-19 compliance issue, call the local COVID-19 Hotline number at 301-334-7698.