By Garrett County Joint Information Center Team
The Garrett County Health Department received 172 additional positive COVID-19 results since the last report on Wednesday, December 2nd, bringing the current county total positives to 969.
The current comparison of Garrett County to state numbers is as follows:
- 7-day positivity rate among Garrett County residents is 18.2% (Maryland rate is 8.0%)
- 7-day case rate per 100,000 among Garrett County residents is 106.8 (Maryland rate is 35.3)
Due to the large increase in cases in the past several days, a breakdown of age ranges for the new cases was not available at the time of this release.
Garrett County Health Department has scheduled free COVID-19 testing on Tuesdays (9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) and Thursdays (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.), at the MEDCO Building in the McHenry Business Park, located off Bumble Bee Road between Hart for Animals and the Garrett County Airport.
There is no out-of-pocket cost to get a test at this site, and appointments and doctors’ orders are not required. All persons waiting to be tested must wear a face covering that fully covers their mouth and nose. When entering the site, follow event signs and watch for traffic personal for directions. Be prepared for a possible wait. For more specifics about the testing events visit garretthealth.org.
Additional COVID-19 resources:
- Visit garretthealth.org for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
- To schedule an appointment for a COVID-19 test or an Influenza vaccination at the Health Department call 301-334-7697. Note: No appointment is needed for the community testing events at the MEDCO Building announced above.
- For all other COVID-19 related questions, or to report a COVID-19 compliance issue, call the local COVID-19 Hotline number at 301-334-7698.