By Garrett County Joint Information Center Team
The 7-day case rate for Garrett County is currently below the rate for the state with a rate of 40.4. Garrett County is now ranked 14th out of 24 jurisdictions and a bit below the 42.8 rate for the state.
Garrett County’s reports for today include:
· A total of 1,515 COVID-19 cases
· A total of 52 deaths due to COVID-19 or its complications
· A 7-day positivity rate of 11.9%, compared to Maryland’s rate of 9.5% - tied for 6th with Prince George’s County
Free COVID-19 testing will be held at the MEDCO Building in the McHenry Business Park on Tuesdays from 9 am to12:30 pm and Thursdays from 10 am to 2 pm. Preregistration is recommended to speed up the process on the testing day. Visit garretthealth.org
for preregistration information.
Anyone with COVID-19 like symptoms may call the Health Department 301-334-7697 to schedule a testing appointment at the Oakland office.
All scheduled COVID-19 vaccinations this week will take place at the MEDCO Building in the McHenry Business Park. Currently, vaccinations are being scheduled for Phase 1A personnel, including health care workers and first responders. The Health Department will announce the move to scheduling Phase 1B vaccinations as soon as appointments become available. This phase will expand vaccination to Garrett County residents aged 75 years and older. Each long-term care facility is working under their own contract with CVS or Walgreens Pharmacy to vaccinate their staff and residents.
Additional COVID-19 resources:
· Visit garretthealth.org for the most up-to-date COVID-19 information.
· To schedule an Influenza vaccination, call the Health Department at 301-334-7697.
· For all other COVID-19 related questions, or to report a COVID-19 compliance issue, call the local COVID-19 Hotline number at 301-334-7698.