The Garrett County Sheriff Department will accept applications and conduct interviews for Correctional Officers, Sheriff Deputies and Public Safety Communication Officers with 911 at the Garrett County Courthouse at 313 E. Alder Street, Oakland, MD. Entry will be made at the Public Entrance of the Courthouse.
Wednesday, July 7 from 9:00AM to 1:00PM
Thursday, July 8 from 10:00AM to 3:00PM
All positions will have a sign on bonus of $1,000 upon hire and an additional $1,000 bonus to be paid upon successful completion of a probationary period.
Positions are full time and include the following comprehensive benefit package:
- 25 year retirement plan with county contribution
- Deferred compensation with a county contribution
- Shift differential pay
- 12 hour shifts – rotating days off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Paid Annual, Personal and Sick Leave
- Health Insurance available the first of the month following date of hire
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telemedicine
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
for an employment application